Donald Trump Mocks Hip-Hop as Talking

Back to Article
Back to Article

Donald Trump Mocks Hip-Hop as Talking

Kenyatta Fulton, News Writer

Last Monday, Donald Trump mocked Hip Hop as talking. In Sarasota, Florida Donald Trump criticized Jay-z and Beyonce’s performance at Hillary Clinton’s rally, asking whether it was “talking or singing.”

“The language is so bad and as they were singing — singing right? Was it talking or singing? Right? But the language was so bad,” Trump said Monday during his first of five rallies the day before Election Day.

This might affect a lot of kids especially teenagers in this time period because many teenagers look up to rappers and singers.

A student at E.L. Haynes High School stated, “I think he was wrong for making that comment because hip hop is a way for people to express themselves and things that are going on in the world.”

Rappers like Lil B  backed Clinton as early as 2014 in an anthem dedicated to former president Bill Clinton, jumped ship to rally behind the Vermont Senator.

“Out of Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton, I would rather Clinton be president but just overall, I would rather Obama have a third term,” YG told CNN  in August.

YG  released a song called  “FTD” which stands  for “ F’ck Donald Trump.” YG also stated that he might not vote at all because he does not even know if our votes count at all in this situation.

Donald Trump is also confronted for mispronouncing Beyoncé’s name, criticized a tweet in which she wished happy African Americans a “Happy Kwanza.”