How bullying can lead to school shootings and suicide.

destiny myers, hanyes news

Editor’s Note: This article includes spoilers from the second season of “13 Reasons Why.”

Recently, I was watching the second season of “13 Reasons Why,” and the show really had me thinking about one specific character. Tyler was bullied and sexually harassed, but he acted like everything was normal when his mom asked him about school.

“Yeah Mom, everything went good at school. It was a good day,” he said.

But everything was not normal, and as a result he was planning to shoot up the school dance because he was being bullied.  By bullying Tyler this led him to do what he was about to do. While I watched that specific episode, I felt his pain and I understood why he wanted to do what he was planning to do, that still does not give him a right to do what he was going to do because two wrongs do not make a right.

How can haynes prevent bullying?

I think haynes can prevent bullying and other incidents by the 4  guidance counselors we have interacting with the whole student body instead of interacting with certain student.  personally, I didn’t even think we had a guidance counselor’s until my teacher told me we did. I think that the guidance counselor’s need to meet with each student once a week, and i know that it’s going to be challenging to try to understand and chase down every student. But if it takes that much to prevent bullying and other incidents from happening, then that’s what has to change.

Low self esteem

For a child that had low self esteem, it can be very hard for them to cope with feeling and everything that goes on in their life. When they go to school most kids with low self esteem looks sad and walk holding their head down, this would give bigger kids an opportunity to pick on the kids with low self esteem. Kids can be going through a lot at home, such as abuse,neglect, or a lack of parental guidance.      When you ask kids how they are or is everything fine they most likely respond with a positive answer because ( From research) They don’t want people to know what is going on in their personal life, kids sometimes do this because they are scarred emotionally by something that happened in their early life and it’s now hard for them to open up to an adult of people their age because they find it hard to trust people after they’ve been hurt by someone they trusted, and That’s where we need to focus on because that’s where it all starts from.