Four Shootings in Four Hours

Cecilia Sosa, Writer

Saturday night, there were a total of four separate reports of a shooting within the District which left one dead and three injured.

The first shooting was reported around 7:30 p.m. in the Riggs Road, Northeast area. Police officials say that there was a 46-year-old man who was shot in the foot after altercation.

The second shooting was reported around 9 p.m. in Stanton Road, Anacostia River, Southeast. An adult male was shot and was immediately transported to the hospital. The victim was pronounced dead.

“It’s scary how close these shootings are getting to us,” said sophomore, Katherine Axume

Another shooting occurred along Douglas Street, Northeast. Police were able to release limited information about the juvenile that as shot. The juvenile was conscious and taken to the hospital where his conditions were stabilized.

Short after that shooting, another shooting was called in around 10:15 p.m. on Alabama Avenue, Southeast. The victim in this shooting was a juvenile who was shot and taken to the hospital with only minor injuries. Police were informed to keep a lookout for 2 black men who wearing  dark clothing.

All the shooting areas were relatively apart and nothing indicates that they were connected.

So far no shooters have been identified or taken into custody.