Summer movie preview: Coming soon to a theater near you

Brayan Ramos, Writer

There are tons of movies coming this summer and fall. It’s going to be a good year for sequels of some of the most popular movies of the last ten years. This year such as It: Chapter 2 coming out September 6, Spiderman: Far From Home in theaters July 2, and Zombieland 2 on October 11.

Zombieland 2 a funny and unusual movie about the realization that zombies are fun to kill. Now, Zombieland 2 is coming out with more violence and laughter. Same characters coming back to the big screen and new zombies coming our way and better.

Junior Daniela Ladino said, “The first movie was great and really funny, I enjoyed the romance and the comedy between the characters. The 2nd one is coming out and its probably going to be way better and funnier. Zombies everywhere and probably new people.”

If you haven’t seen every Spiderman movie, your childhood is incomplete. Newly arriving Spiderman: Far From Home is coming out literally in a few months and fans can’t wait, with hype everywhere around the new villain, Mysterio (played by Jake Gyllenhaal), a new plot twist, but same old love, Mary-Jane Watson (Zendaya).

Junior Oliver Tzul said, “The movie is going to be a new way to incorporate the new heroes for phase 4 of the MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe).”

“For me I’m excited to see how he’s going to develop over the coming years and see how he’s going to take the new role of iron man,” Tzul said. “Mysterio is going to be a good villain for spider-man because by what we seen in the trailers we don’t know if he’s going to be good or bad.”

IT was a horror movie from 2017 that won the MTV Movie Award for best on-screen duo. The movie tells the story about a small town where children are being killed by an evil, creepy clown named Pennywise. Now IT chapter 2 is coming out and People can’t wait to see what’s the plot twist for that movie. With the same characters returning from the first IT movie just older now.

Yajaira Aguilar a sophomore said, “ I am excited for IT chapter 2 because IT the first movie was a good movie now part 2 is coming out and I really want to see what’s going to happen with IT’s daughter. I want to see more romance between the movie characters Beverly Marsh (Sophia Lillis) and Bill Denbrough (Jaeden Martell)”.